Philips Heartstart defibrillators enable virtually anyone to treat a victim of sudden cardiac arrest who needs immediate medical assistance.
The HS1 defibrillator is powered by highly-proven Philips technologies on the inside and is easy to use on the outside, so every patient receives professional-level care.
- SMART Analysis technology for heart-rhythm assessment
- SMART Biphasic technology for defibrillation energy delivery
- Paediatric function available for use on children (paediatric pads available seperately)
- Clear voice instructions including CPR coaching
- Quick Shock ability enables the unit to deliver shock therapy rapidly after CPR
- SMART electrode pads recognise when they have been removed from the cartridge
- Daily self-tests check electrical the components, subsystems and battery
- ‘Ready’ light indicates the defibrillator is ready for use
Philips Unique Features
SMART Technology – As a world leader in automated external defibrillators (AEDs), Philips have developed SMART technology to assist in the rescue process. SMART Biphasic therapy allows the defibrillator to produce varied levels of shock therapy dependant on the patient’s needs. SMART Analysis monitors the patient’s heart rhythm and advises the best course of action for the patient.
Ease of Use – Whilst this may not seem like a feature to boast about, the ease of use of a defibrillator is vitally important in the moments following a cardiac arrest. After pulling the green activation handle, the unit relays instructions and helps you through the rescue process – from placing each pad on the patient to delivering the shock and performing CPR.